I really want to make one for myself, but thought I'd start on a smaller scale by making a form of Gusty...
**side story here, if you want to make one of those priceless visa commercials for yourself, do this;
buy a roll of duct tape *5.00*
ask your husband if he'd be willing to wrap you up in it. *free*
expression on his face. *priceless*
Ok..here it is on the cheap. REAL cheap. The child is only going to be this size for another half of a year, maybe a hair more, after all.
card board (pizza boxes)
big rock, sort of flat
clean plastic bag
old plastic bags for stuffing
packing peanuts (not required, if you have enough old bags, that's ok)
1. tie up long hair or it will get stuck in the duct tape.
2. put on a tv show for bribery
3. precut several strips to get you started
1. Have child wear old tshirt. you're eventually going to cut the form off of them and may nick the shirt.
2. cut head and arm holes into clean plastic bag and slip over child.
3. start taping. (through my own trial and error, I found that a long strip around the waist and over the shoulders would have been a better place to begin.)
4. After you have waist and shoulders in place, use shorter strips 6-8 inches long, start from the top and spin the child as you add tape.
Annoyance will set in just before you're completed....but we managed a happyish smile no less.
Working around the stomach and butt was difficult. She has no concept of suck it in but when I did work around the bottom of her belly, she automatically drew in her stomach. This is just the price of working with a five year old.
5. Cut straight up the back and then remove the form.
6. Use small strips of tape to tape it back together.
7. Hang the form so that you can add tape to the bottom to kind of level it off. If I just stopped, without adding leveling strips, my form would have been tilted forward. Which would affect drape and skirts later...
Was this tutorial helpful? Consider buying me a cup of coffee for $ 1.94. Your purchase will help cover the costs around here and encourage more tutorials like this. Love, Katie
Cuppa Jo for Katie 1.94